This portal covers many topics of managing a non-governmental organization (NGO) or non-profit group including grant writing, staff training, and designing and monitoring projects.
Capacity Building Manual
- This brief manual is aimed to help organizations understand how they can apply the concepts for capacity building by following 10 steps. It looks at capacity as a much broader concept than just competence or knowledge. Word document format.
Including A Disability Perspective: A Toolkit for Policy Makers
- This toolkit explains what the disability perspective is and why it is important to consider in all policymaking activities. It also offers detailed information for policymakers on how to include the disability perspective in policies.
Including A Disability Perspective: Framework for Policy Development
- This document summarizes the steps needed to incorporate a disability perspective in policymaking. Each step is described with questions that policymakers should ask themselves while they are forming policies.
- Develop a plan for how your organization will raise funds from many donors. Set goals, identify your network, and create an outreach strategy.
Tips for Disability Policy Change Agents
- A list of ideas and tips for individuals and organizations petitioning policymakers on disability issues.
Tips on Writing Letters to Elected Officials
- Six tips on formatting and language for writing official letters to elected officials and policymakers.