Category: Individual Articles of the CRPD
- How could She Possibly Make it in Court? An Intervention Program Assisting Complaints with Intellectual Disabilities in Sexual Assault Cases in the Western Cape
- Case study from a book chapter examining how a program in Western Cape, South Africa is working to empower sexual assault victims with intellectual disabilities who pursue justice in court. PDF format.
- IDA CRPD Forum Principles for the Implementation of Article 12
- The International Disability Alliance (IDA)'s forum on the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) has set forth this set of principles for how Article 12 in the CRPD, regarding the legal capacity of people with disabilities, should be implemented.
- OPCAT monitoring of psychiatric institutions and related issues in other forms of detention: CRPD Framework
- The International Disability Alliance and some of its member organizations developed this set of recommendations for monitoring psychiatric institutions to prevent abuse, torture and ill-treatment. It discusses the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) as a new normative framework to be applied under all existing human rights obligations.
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the Right to be Free from Nonconsensual Psychiatric Interventions
- Author Tina Minkowitz argues for recognition of forced psychiatric interventions as a grave violation of human rights. Uses internationally accepted definitions of torture, as well as the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, as the basis for her arguments.