The United Nations defines Eastern Asia as including: People's Republic of China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, and Republic of China (Taiwan).
Japan: Human Resources Development Promotion Law
- The purpose of this Law is to promote the development and improvement of workers' abilities needed for vocations through comprehensive and systematic measures which will contribute to the reinforcement and smoother operation of vocational training and trade skill tests and thereby achieve security of employment and an improvement in workers' status, as well as contribute to economic and social development
Korea: Act Relating to Employment Promotion, etc. of the Handicapped
- An act adopted to strive for the employment promotion, vocational rehabilitation, and employment security of the people with disabilities in Korea to enable them live a decent life through work that is suited to their ability.
Korea: The Special Education Promotion Law
- The purpose of the Law is to provide stabilization of livelihood and expansion of social participation for students with disabilities by establishing capacity of self-reliance through provision of appropriate and equal educational opportunity and promotion of special educational methods and conditions.
Korea: Welfare law for Persons with Disabilities
- The purpose of this law is to define measures for people with disabilities, to seek comprehensive welfare measures for people with disabilities by establishing the necessary provisions for disability prevention, and to promote the welfare of people with disabilities by means including stabilization of livelihood by establishing necessary provisions for self-reliance and care of people with disabilities.
People's Republic of China: Law on the protection of disabled persons
- This law is formulated in accordance with the Constitution for the purpose of protecting the lawful rights and interests of, and developing undertakings for, disabled persons, and ensuring their equal and full participation in social life and their share of the material and cultural wealth of society.