A Practice of Yes! Working with Overseas Partners to Include Students with Disabilities
- This quick-reference guide is designed for exchange professionals working with overseas partners to place students with disabilities in exchange programs. It includes common concerns voiced by overseas partners and real world answers from experienced exchange professionals.
A World Awaits You - Accessing Foreign Languages Issue
- This journal issue contains articles on the challenges and rewards of studying and teaching foreign languages at home and abroad.
Access Tourism New Zealand
- Access Tourism NZ provides news and views about tourism, travel, and leisure that is accessible to people with disabilities, seniors, and Baby Boomers who will experience increasing disability as they age. This blog was developed by Sandra Rhodda, director of Access Tourism New Zealand, and Research Programme leader of Access Tourism.
Accessible Tourism from the Perspective of Deaf and Hard of Hearing People
- An overview of basic issues of accessibility in tourism generated by Danishkadah in Pakistan. Explores common issues in transprtation, lodging and embassies and consulates.
Baker Wetlands: Making Outdoor Recreation Accessible
- This page describes how one natural wildlife area made their park accessible.
Building Bridges: A Manual on Including People with Disabilities in International Exchange Programs
- This comprehensive manual features practical suggestions and creative ideas for including, recruiting and accommodating people with disabilities in international exchange programs.
Communicating with Guests Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing in Hotels, Motels, and Other Places of Transient Lodging
- This document gives a brief outline of the rights of deaf or hard of hearing people staying in transient lodging and the responsibilities of staff to accomodate their needs.
Inclusive Tourism: A New Strategic Alliance for the Disability Rights Movement
- This is the text of a presentation that describes current trends in disability rights, and how they apply to tourism and travel.
Is International Travel Accessible for Persons with a Disability?
- The author outlines travel accessibility policies in 5 countries, including problems and recommendations for improved standards. The paper includes a list of publications on accessibility in the USA, Canada, Britain, and Australia.
Transit Access Training Toolkit
- The purpose of this Transit Access Training Toolkit is to help motivate and train bus drivers and other transit staff to provide safe and accessible service to all their passengers and especially to improve service for persons with disabilities and seniors. This will make public transportation available to more passengers.