The United Nations defines North America as: Canada, United States, Greenland, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, and Bermuda.
ADA National Network Publications
- Includes ADA Fact Sheets, the ADA Anniversary Tool Kit, Service Animals and Emotional Support Animals, The Americans with Disabilities Act Questions and Answers, The ADA National Network DISABILITY LAW Handbook, A Planning Guide for Making Temporary Events Accessible to People With Disabilities. Many resources also available in Spanish.
Americans with Disabilities Act
- Site about the Americans with Disabilities Act as well as ADA standards, software, enforcement and publications.
Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) as Ammended (2008): ADA Amendments Act Changes to the Public Law
- This text highlights, line by line, exactly how the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 was revised after passing the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 in the United States.
- This site serves as a comprehensive archive of documents and history related to the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA). Includes the text of the law, legislative history, congressional hearings, Supreme Court cases, federal regulations, and policy and advocacy documents on both the original ADA and the ADAAA
Canada: Employment Equity Act -- CHAPTER E-5.4 (1995, c. 44)
- Provides the full-text of the Canadian Employment Equity Act. This legislation ensures equality in the workplace so that no person should be denied employment opportunities or benefits for reasons unrelated to ability.
Canadian Human Rights Act
- This page provides the full-text of the Canadian Human Rights Act which extend the rights of citizens to live according to their wish as described under the freedom Act without being hindered in or prevented from doing so by discriminatory practices based on race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted.
Canadian Human Rights Tribunal
- The Tribunal was created by an Act of Parliament in 1977. The Canadian Human Rights Act states that all Canadians have the right to equality, equal opportunity, fair treatment, and an environment free of discrimination.In English and French.
Constitution Act, 1982 (79): Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- This page provides the full-text of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms that guarantees the rights and freedoms to all its citizens regardless of their disabilities or social status.
USA: Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Following is the current text of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), including changes made by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (P.L. 110-325), which became effective on January 1, 2009.