Promoting needed knowledge & skills among DPO staff, volunteers, & leaders
Building Communication for Hard of Hearing Young People: Breaking Down Barriers and Stereotypes
- This report seeks to provide an overview of the IFHOHYP Study session held in October 2003 in European Youth Centre, Strasbourg, France. The overall aim of this study session was to increase participation of hard of hearing youth in the civil society and empower hard of hearing youth in informing society about their needs at local level as well as on national and European level.
Community Negotiation Skills
- A summary of the Tanzania League of the Blind's Training on Community Negotiation Skills. The training was aimed to empower the Regional Coordinators in negotiating with Tanzanian's local government authorities in the villages, wards and districts where Tanzania League of the Blind is present.
Developing Leadership Skills and Necessary Competences with Hard of Hearing Youth - Getting Strong in the Future
- This report seeks to provide an overview of the 2007 IFHOHYP Study Session held at the European Youth Centre in Budapest, Hungary. Thirty Participants from fourteen countries, including Canada and Pakistan, took active part in this study session. The aim of this study session was to develop and improve leadership skills with the selected group of young had of hearing (HoH) youth workers, in order to empower them.
Disability Rights Movement
- A brief lesson on the history of the disability rights movement. It explains how the way people with disabilities in the past were treated affects the ways they are treated today. Included are various symbols that are used to signify where needed accessibility options may be available.
Human Rights. YES!: Action and Advocacy on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- A training manual on how to teach groups about the human rights of people with disabilities. It comes with 5 activities which give visual models of the affects of disability rights and promotes discussion of pressing issues in disability rights advocacy. In PDF format
Knowledge Transfer - Putting Hard of Hearing Youth on the Map of Europe
- This report gives an overview of the IFHOHYP Study session held in October 2001 in European Youth Centre, Strasbourg, France. The overall aim of this study session was to give the participants skills and tools to set up campaigns in order to sensibilise people on the hearing disability, as well as to learn from different realities of the Western and Eastern European countries.
Resource Kit No.4: Organisation Building
- This page guides disabled people's organizations (DPOs) that wish to improve their structure, how they work, how they train and develop individuals to benefit the group, and how the organization can improve its ability to change the community and the lives of people with disabilities. This toolkit is written for members of both big and small DPOs. Written in simple, accessible language.
Safeguarding Human Rights of Youth with Hearing Disability - How to Cope with Violence and Discrimination in Education and Employment?
- This report seeks to provide an overview of the IFHOHYP Study session held in April 2006, in the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg. The overall aim of this study session was to empower and train young hard of hearing activists to develop, implement and multiply assistance tools aimed at combating discrimination and violence in mainstream education and employment. One of the tools given special attention at the study sesscion was creation of policy recommendations addressed to various national and international bodies, including the Council of Europe.
Stop the World--We Want to Get On
- This resource kit provides a framework for disabled people in providing human rights training to their colleagues within disabled people's organizations (DPOs). Provides examples of real human rights cases Europe, suggestions on how to be an ally, and advice for trainers. Explains the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD).
Training and Development for Protective Workshops Persons with Disabilities
- This is a handout which allows individuals participating in disability rights workshops in South Africa to interactively build the capacity to advocate for the rights of people with disabilities. The handout is specific to the framework of the South African government and various national and regional conditions of South Africa. PDF format.