Accessible Product development and design
- This Toolkit section describes how policy and legislation that promotes and incentivises the Universal Design of products can help to fulfil a country's accessibility obligations within the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD).
Digital Publishing in Higher Education
- Reading Rights Coalition discusses why universal design and digital publishing are significant in the institutions of higher education. The article also includes mentions of federal and state laws that require accessible digital publishing. The coalition provides some recommendations on how to make the digital publishing system accessible, and what is the demand in an universally designed system.
Global Alliance on Accessible Technologies and Environments
- GAATES brings together individuals and organizations dedicated to promoting accessibility of electronic and communication technologies and accessibility of the built environment for people with disabilities and older people.
- Project:Possibility is a non-profit, community service organization. It is led by individuals of diverse backgrounds and skillsets that share a common goal: to make a powerful difference in the lives of persons with disabilities. The software that is created through this project is open source--made available in entirety to the world, free of charge. Our coding events reach students around the world. We've collaborated with universities across the US, Europe and Asia, spanning a dozen countries. Top computer science students learn how they can use programming to develop innovative software solutions that make a difference.
Public procurement of Accessible ICT
- The focus of this page is on how public procurement is used to advance equality and non-discrimination for persons with disabilities.
Research-Based Web Design and Usability Guidelines
- This book provides guidelines for designing and evaluating websites with information on: optimizing user experience, accessibility, hardware and software, page layout, navigation, content organization, and usability testing.
Technology for Students with Learning Disabilities
- This is a brief description of assistive technology that has been successfully used by people of all ages with learning disabilities.
Toolkit for Accessible Software
- While much modern technology makes use of both hardware and software, the software is not always accessible to persons with disabilities. This article reviews ways which developers and persons with disabilities may make their software more accessible.
Toolkit for Accessible Television
- When viewing television programs, persons with disabilities may have trouble with using both the hardware and/or the software required. This shows how one should modify a television system to ensure the most accessibility.
Toolkit for Accessible Web Sites
- Persons with disabilities often do not have equal access to information on web sites. This article provides several ways to create user-friendly web sites for persons with disabilities.