Category: CRPD in Relation to Women & Girls
- Ad Hoc Committee on a Comprehensive and Integral International Convention on the Rights and Dignity of Persons with Disabilities
- People with Disability Australia's position paper on article 15bis of the Convention on the Rights and Dignity of Persons with Disabilities regarding women with disability.
- IDA submission for the joint General Comment/Recommendation of the Committee on the Rights of the Child and the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women on harmful practices
- This position paper describes how people with disabilities, particularly women and children, have consistently been targeted for harmful practices, including abuse and murder. Makes recommendations on changing this situation, with reference to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Standard Interpretation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) from a Female Perspective: Position and Reference Paper on the Significance of References to Women and Gender in the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- This position paper clarifies how the women and gender specifications in the CRPD can be interpreted, and to determine the ensuing practical consequences for the States parties to the CRPD.
- Women With Disabilities and the Human Right to Health
- This paper examines the fundamental human right to health for women in the context of Australia’s obligations under three of the key human rights conventions it has ratified: the Convention on the Rights of Person’s with Disabilities (CRPD), the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (CESCR) and the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW). PDF format.