Category: CRPD in relation to children with disabilities
- Disabled Children in South Africa: Progress in Implementing the Convention on the Rights of the Child 2002
- This report identifies the extent of continuing violations of the rights of children with disabilities in South Africa, examines the impact of the Convention on the Rights of the Child in addressing the situation of disabled children and explores the role being played by disabled person's organizations and their effectiveness in promoting change. PDF format.
- IDA submission for the joint General Comment/Recommendation of the Committee on the Rights of the Child and the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women on harmful practices
- This position paper describes how people with disabilities, particularly women and children, have consistently been targeted for harmful practices, including abuse and murder. Makes recommendations on changing this situation, with reference to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Young Voices Speak Out: Brining the CRPD to Life
- In 2008, 18 young people with disabilities from 18 different countries learned how to produce film sharing their lives, experiences, and perspectives. This publication highlights the experience of the youth leaders who participated in this project and how it supported their advocacy work on implementation of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD).