Centar za samostalni život invalida Srbije (Center for Independent Living Serbia)
- Centar radeći na promovisanju filozofije samostalnog života osoba sa invaliditetom i stvaranju uslova za njenu primenu u Srbiji. Centre works on promoting the philosophy of independent living of persons with disabilities and creating conditions for its implementation in Serbia. Website in Serbian and English.
Independence Care System: Managed Care for People with Disabilities.
- This paper discusses the goal of Independence Care System, aimed to enable people with disabilities to remain at home or in the least restrictive setting possible by integrating the full range of primary care, acute care, and home and community-based services in a comprehensive, flexible manner.
Independent Living Institute
- The Independent Living Institute (ILI) is a policy development center specializing in consumer-driven policies for the self-determination, self-respect and dignity of people with disabilties.
Moving from Residental Institutions to Community Based Social Services In Central and Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union
- This study reviews the use of residential institutions, focusing on five countries –Albania, Armenia, Lativia, Lithuania, and Romania- where the World Bank is helping develop community-based social services to reduce the reliance on residential institutions. The study examines the use of residential institutions for three groups: children, people with disabilities, and the frail and isolated elderly. PDF format.
Possibilities of Independent Living of Persons with Disabilities in Africa
- This site explains the factors that can influence the desire of people with disabilities to an independent lifestyle in developing countries.