Rights to sexual and reproductive health by persons with disabilities.
Center for Reproductive Rights
- The Center for Reproductive Rights uses the law to advance reproductive freedom as a fundamental human right that all governments are legally obligated to protect, respect, and fulfill. This site is available in English, Spanish, French, and Arabic.
Disabled Have Many Needs for Contraception
- Medical counseling on reproductive health issues for people with disabilities is necessary. Article in English, French, and Spanish.
Exploring the Research and Policy Gaps: A Review of Literature on Women and Disability
- Summarizes existing knowledge in Ireland and internationally about how issues for women with disabilities differ because of their gender and disability. Topics include social welfare, poverty, labor market, personal assistance, sexuality, communication difficulties. Page can be read online or downloaded in several formats.
Health workers, human rights and disability inclusion
- Inclusive Health Task Group's submission to the Social Forum of the Human Rights Council on Human Rights, HIV and other communicable diseases and epidemics in October 2017.
Mental, Sexual, and Reproductive Health
- This report argues that mental health treatment should be part of reproductive health initiatives and gives suggestions for prevention, treatment, and care. PDF format.
Moving Forward or Losing Ground? The Sterilisation of Women and Girls with Disabilities in Australia
- This project brought women and girls with disabilities to a safe space to share their experiences, name the impacts of forced sterilisation, and identify future actions for the Australian government to take to stop this practice.
Preventative Women's Health Care for Women with Disabilities: Guidelines for General Practitioners: Background and Literature Review
- The guidelines address the following areas: barriers to effective screening, consent, communication strategies, access and alternative examination techniques, and women's health management in specific areas. PDF format.
Promoting Sexual and Reproductive Health for People with Disabilities: WHO/UNFPA Guidance Note
- This note is a helpful resource for those who address issues of family planning, maternal health, HIV and AIDS, adolescence, and gender-based violence among individuals with disabilities. PDF format
Reproductive Rights and Women with Disabilities
- This briefing paper proposes a human rights framework for considering the reproductive rights of women with disabilities, taking into consideration international human rights laws and instruments and global consensus documents. PDF format.
Reproductive Rights are Human Rights
- This publication reviews the core human rights that underlie reproductive rights, including provisions of internationl and regional human rights treaties and statements from international consensus documents adopted at United Nations conferences.
Walk In Our Shoes: Four Corners (ABC TV) Explores the Issue of Sterilisation of People with Disabilities
- This article explores the fraught issue of whether, and in what circumstances, women (and men) with disabilities should be sterilised.