The United Nations defines Western Asia as: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Cyprus, Georgia, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syrian Arab Republic, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
Access to Social Services for Persons with Disabilities in the Middle East
- This report is aimed at introducing disability stakeholders to key concepts and topics to support advocacy efforts for enhancing the rights of persons with disabilities. PDF format.
International Experience in Including Children with Disabilities in Ordinary Schools
- This paper will try to summarise the experience of a number of developing countries in moving towards more inclusive practice at the level of the classroom, the school and the education system as a whole.
Review of Marginalisation of People with Disabilities in Lebanon, Syria and Jordan
- This paper identifies several causes of marginalization of people with disabilities, describes the educational experiences of children and youth with disabilities, and gives recommendations on how to address exclusionary policies and practices in order to promote inclusion. PDF format.
Social Protection and Persons with a Disability In the Middle East: Issues, Challenges and Debates
- The objectives of this article are to build knowledge on the situation of people with disabilities, examine best practices in terms of social innovation happening on the grassroots level as well as to inform about policy reforms on the national and international levels. PDF format.
Training and Employment of People with Disabilities: Iran 2003
- This report includes country background information, statistics about people with disabilities and their organizations, a description of relevant legislation and policies and their official implementing structures, as well as the education, training and employment options available to people with disabilities. PDF format.