Software in this section may be helpful for people who do not speak or who use augmentative modes of communication. Examples may include: software to text to speech.
Balabolka Text-To-Speech Download
- This is a Zip download file that contains the executable installation file for Balabolka, as well as other documentation.
- Balabolka is a Text-To-Speech (TTS) program that allows users to convert on-screen text to audio files. These audio files can be saved in a variety of formats.
- A straight forward text to speech application. All text input is carried out through the clipboard. Settings allow Orato to read either on demand or automatically when new text is added to the clipboard. Other options will display the text if required, with highlighting of the word or sentence being spoken. Orato can either be installed to the hard disk or copied onto a pen drive for portable use.
Patrick Ecker : Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- This site is contains resources on alternative communication via visual supports. Includes software and graphics for enabling communication.
- A very simple text to speech application, which sits in the taskbar. It can be configured to automaticaly read whatever is copied to the clipboard, or the clipboard can be read by pressing a hotkey combination. The software automatically defaults to using the default system voice, however this can be changed in the Settings dialog.