The United Nations defines South America as: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
Human Rights: Ecuador
- Find reports about the general human rights situation in Ecuador.
Human Rights: Peru
- Find reports about the general human rights situation in Peru.
- Various publications about the human rights situation of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people in Peru.
Illusions of Care: Lack of Accountability for Reproductive Rights in Argentina
- This report documents the many obstacles women and girls face in getting the reproductive health care services to which they are entitled, such as contraception, voluntary sterilization procedures, and abortion after rape. The most common barriers to care include long delays in providing services, unnecessary referrals to other clinics, demands for spousal permission contrary to law, financial barriers, and in some cases outright denial of care.
Information on Ecuador
- The official web page of the UN OHCHR devoted to Ecuador. Here, you can locate information and recent reports on the human rights situation in Ecuador. Content is available in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian.
Information on Peru
- The official web page of the UN OHCHR devoted to Peru. Here, you can locate information and recent reports on the human rights situation in Peru. Content is available in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian.
Report on the IX International Human Rights Colloquium
- The Colloquium is an annual event held since 2001 in São Paulo (Brazil) designed, primarily, for young activists from the Southern Hemisphere. This report's theme is: “An Appraisal of the Global Human Rights System from a Southern Perspective: Common Strategies and Proposals for Reform.”