The United Nations defines North America as: Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, and United States.
"I Used to Think the Law Would Protect Me:" Illinois’s Failure to Test Rape Kits
- This report collected comprehensive testing data from 127 of 264 jurisdictions in Illinois and found that only 1,474 of 7,494 sets of physical evidence, known as "rape kits," booked into evidence since 1995 could be confirmed as tested. That suggests 80 percent of rape kits may never have been examined in the state.
"Tough, Fair, and Practical:" A Human Rights Framework for Immigration Reform in the United States
- This report proposes a framework for improving US immigration law that would give immigrant crime victims a chance to seek justice, protect workers, respect the private and family life of longtime residents, and provide fair treatment for immigrants who come before the courts.
- CUSO-VSO is a civil society development agency based in Canada that works on collaborative development projects in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.
- HumanRights.gov is the official United States Government (USG) website for human rights related information. It assists users in finding news,reports, and explanatory information from the U.S. State Department, USG agencies and other resources.
Introduction to Human Rights
- Several articles from the US Department of State about human rights with a focus on the United States.