The United Nations defines Africa as including: Eastern Africa, Middle Africa, Northern Africa, Southern Africa, and Western Africa.
African Child Policy Forum
- Works to put African children on the public agenda, and, to that end, exert pressure where the political will is absent and provide support where it exists. Conducts research on the problems confronting African children and the policy options for addressing them; works with child rights organisations and governments to develop and implement effective pro-child policies and programmes.
African Journal on Disability
- The African Journal of Disability is a scholarly research journal that provides a forum for the exploration of issues and experiences relating to and supporting the act of better understanding the interfaces between disability, poverty, and practices of exclusion and marginalization through research learning and problem-based knowledge sharing across the African continent.
- The Africa Governance, Monitoring and Advocacy Project (AfriMAP) aims to monitor and promote compliance by African states with the requirements of good governance, democracy, human rights and the rule of law.
Blackmail and Extortion of LGBT People in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Describes the hidden but common human rights violation in which people target lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people in sub-Saharan Africa for blackmail.
Defenders of Human Rights, Managers of Conflict, Builders of Peace? National Human Rights Institutions in Africa
- Report of a research project on national human rights institutions (NHRIs), conflict resolution and peacebuilding in Africa, examining the relationship between NHRIs and conflict issues in the context in which they operate.
Human Rights Africa
- This electronic newsletter is disseminated about three times a year by the Secretariat of the African Decade of Persons with Disabilities. Archived issues going back to 2007 can be downloaded at the link.
Human Rights in African Prisons
- The book discusses the reform processes underway in prisons across African nations, and makes recommendations for strengthening and building on them.
Rights in Focus
- The 'Rights in Focus' series strives to raise and discuss a wide range of human rights concerns related to the African continent. The series covers topics pertaining to the threats human beings face, spanning economic, food, health, environmental, personal, communal and political spheres.
The Political Cost of AIDS in Africa: Evidence from Six Countries
- This study discusses the challenges to political participation experienced by ordinary citizens living with HIV/AIDS, examining both the political and economic costs associated with the loss of elected representatives and voters to AIDS.