Accessibility and Specific Technology Areas
- This page offers material on accessibility specific to various techologies, including computers, wireless phones, etc.
Accessible Digital Office Document Project
- This site is offers techniques for creating accessible word processing documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
Internet and Web-Based Content Accessibility Checklist
- A checklist to identify and develop accessible e-resources.
Library Accessibility and Assistive Technology: What you Need to Know
- A tip sheet describing what you need to know to include Assistive Techonology in your library.
Nothing About Us Without Us: Developing Innovated Technologies for, by and with Disabled Persons
- A comprehensive site on technology innovation by and for people with disabilities. This is a great resource for designing tools to make people with disabilities more comfortable and more independent.
Research-Based Web Design and Usability Guidelines
- This book provides guidelines for designing and evaluating websites with information on: optimizing user experience, accessibility, hardware and software, page layout, navigation, content organization, and usability testing.
Technology for Students with Learning Disabilities
- This is a brief description of assistive technology that has been successfully used by people of all ages with learning disabilities.
- Usability.gov is a one-stop source for web designers to learn how to make websites more usable, useful, and accessible. The site addresses a broad range of factors that go into web design and development, as well as how to conduct usability testing.