Disability Advocacy Tools
- Information on how to successfully interact with people with disabilities.
Disability Etiquette: Tips on Interacting with People with Disabilities
- This booklet is for anyone— with or without a disability—who wants to interact more effectively with people with
disabilities. You don’t have to feel awkward when dealing
with a person who has a disability. This booklet provides some basic tips for you to follow. And if you are ever unsure about what to do or say with a person who has a disability, just ask!
Guidelines for Communication
- This article provides basic information for people without disabilities to effectively and respectfully communicate with people who are deaf.
Information on Attitudes Toward Disability
- Provides a brief overview of current initiatives in Ireland to improve attitudes toward disability.
People First Language
- This lesson describes the importance of the kind of language one uses with regards to people with disabilities. It explains the ways in which language can affect negative attitudes of people with disabilities in society, but it may also improve attitudes with a 'people first' approach. Word document format.
Reglas de Etiqueta frente a una Persona con Discapacidad
- Este folleto le proporciona varios consejos que puede seguir para interactuar con una persona con una discapacidad. SPANISH
The booklet gives helpful pointers on how to interact with a person with disability. ENGLISH
Some Tips for Effective Communication
- A brief list of basic tips to effectively and respectfully communicate with people who are deaf.
Tips On Interacting with People with Disabilities
- A set of tips for having successful, comfortable interactions with people with disabilities