Basic information about and for people with disabilities.
Addressing Attitudes to Disability: A Collection of Resource Materials.
- The purpose of this document is to raise awareness of the needs of children with disabilities, address negative attitudes, and help participants think how they can help these children participate more in the life of the family and community using locally available resources. PDF format.
Disability Information Resources
- DINF provides an information resource for supporting the study of health and welfare topics for people with disabilities.
Fact Sheet on Persons with Disabilities
- This document provides basic information about the lives of people with disabilties around the world, developed by the United Nations.
National Disability Terminology (NDT) Dari Language
- An Introduction to standard disability terminology in Dari language.
National Disability Terminology (NDT) Pashto language
- An introduction to standard disability terminology in Pashto Language.
Status Report on Poverty and Disability in the Americas
- This report contains the results of research provided by people who have a disability, families, organizations, and associations of people with disabilities and their families, governments and professionals from different sectors. This study is the first of four regional studies in a three-year initiative by Inclusion International to draw global attention to the conditions of poverty and their impact on the lives of people who have a disability and their families.
The CDC and Disabilities
- The CDC works to identify the causes of birth defects and developmental disabilities, help children to develop and reach their full potential, and promote health and well-being among people of all ages with disabilities. CDC also works to prevent injuries, such as traumatic brain injury, and their resulting disabilities. This is the main page for disability related information.
What Is Epidemiology?
- This page is a summary of what the field of epidemiology studies, and some basic vocabulary within the field.
World Bank - Information on Disabilities in Developing Countries
- This page offers some of World Bank’s publications and reports on people with disabilities in developing countries. Also offers links to statistics and data related to people with disabilities.
World Bank - Publications on Disabilities in Developing Countries
- This page offers an extensive list of reports and publications on people with disabilities in developing countries. Most of these publications are in English, but a few are available in other languages. Most publications are in PDF format, but some are in MS Word format or other format.
World Report on Disability
- The first World Report on Disability suggests that more than a billion people in the world today experience disability. The report provides the best available evidence about what works to overcome barriers to health care, rehabilitation, education, employment, and support services, and to create the environments which will enable people with disabilities to flourish. The report ends with a concrete set of recommended actions for governments and their partners.