- The training material on these pages is aimed at attacking poverty on two levels, the indvidual level, where organizing a credit organization and training in micro-enterprise is featured, and at the community level, where mobilization and management training are aimed at empowering low income communities.
Contribution of Non-Governmental Organizations on Poverty Reduction in Kabale District: A Case Study of Buhara Sub-County
- A case study which examines causes of poverty, succesful practices of NGOs in the past and future strategies for reducing poverty in the Kabale District of Uganda.
Empowerment and Poverty Reduction Summary
- We hope this sourcebook will be useful in deepening both our understanding and our application of an empowering approach to poverty reduction. It marks the beginning of a collection of experiences that will evolve with our learning on the ground. We welcome your reactions and contributions to this ongoing work.
Empowerment and Poverty Reduction: A Sourcebook
- World Development Report 2000/2001: Attacking Poverty presents a multidimensional view of poverty. In particular, it underscores the importance of increasing poor people’s access to opportunity, security, and empowerment for economic growth and poverty reduction. This book defines the World Bank’s approach to empowerment for economic growth and poverty reduction. It will also inform the World Bank’s social development
Human Rights, Health, and Poverty Reduction Strategies
- This paper seeks to strengthen efforts to achieve the MDGs by helping policymakers incorporate human rights into the design and implementation of the health component of national poverty reduction strategies (PRSs).
International NGOs and Poverty Reduction Strategies: The contribution of an Asset-Based Approach
- This article explores the various strategies of United States and United Kingdom non-governmental organization in poverty reduction and their applicability to international non-governmental organizations.
Poverty Reduction Strategies
- Provides information from the World Bank about Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers (PRSPs) and the process that governments use to develop them in consultation with civil society and development partners.
Replicating Success: A Manual to Alleviate Poverty through Peer Training
- This manual is designed to assist organizations and agencies to learn how to replicate or adapt a successful program in Cambodia using local entrepreneurs with proven income-generating activities and small businesses to train others in replicating their businesses. PDF format.
Supporting Livestock Sector Development for Poverty Reduction: Issues and Proposals
- This report from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations argues that since agriculture is the most important source of income for the world's population which makes under one dollar per day income, NGOs investing in the livestock sector is an ideal way to reduce poverty. Included are strategies and suggestions to building developing nations' livestock sectors.