Action on Disability and Development (ADD)
- Supports disabled peoples organizations in Africa and Asia so they can actively promote the rights of all adults and children with disabilities to be fully included in society. Influences policy makers and development organizers to include the rights and needs of people with disabilities in all their work.
An Overview of South African Human Resources Development
- This book provides an overview of human resources development (HRD) in South Africa. It focuses on the youth labour market, the world of work and the national system of science and innovation. It concludes that South Africa, lacking high, intermediate and low skills, has severe HRD problems which require urgent resolution.
Association for Progressive Communications (APC) Women's Support Programme
- The APC Women's Support Programme is a global network of women networking for women's empowerment through the use of information and communication technologies (ICTs). It is part of the "Association for Progressive Communications", an international network of civil society organizations dedicated to empowering and supporting groups and individuals. Website is in English, Spanish, and French.
Books About Development Studies
- Downloadable books about Development in Africa.
Centre for Development and Population Activities
- The Centre for Development and Population Activities (CEDPA) is an internationally recognized non-profit organization that improves the lives of women and girls in developing countries. CEDPA works with women leaders, local partners, and national and international organizations to give women the tools they need to improve their lives, families and communities.
- International nongovernmental organizations (“NGOs”) are promoting global governance and, through their cooperation with international organizations and national civil society organizations, are profoundly influencing national and transnational corporate policies. Though many NGOs operate in a non-transparent manner and are not democratically accountable, the United Nations Secretariat is engaging them on many economic, social, and cultural policy issues. This focus area highlights this cooperation and the manner in which NGOs are securing at the international level top-down policy mandates that they have been unable to secure at the national level.
- Works with its partners to mobilize resources to reduce poverty and increase equity around the world. The Knowledge Resources section of their website links users to a library of documents on topics such as strengthening partnerships and collaborative relationships; how philanthropy can empower marginalized or poor communities; how philanthropists can evaluate the impact of their grants; and more. Most of its material is targeted at grant makers rather than grant seekers, but could expose organizations to the kind of issues with which funders are concerned. Most of its information is available in English; some is also available in Spanish or Portuguese.
The Foundation Center
- Nonprofit organization management training courses and tutorials
- The World Association of Non-Governmental Organizations (WANGO) is an international organization, promoting peace and global well being. WANGO provides the opportunities for NGOs to connect, partner, share, inspire, and increase their contributions. The resources include grant writing, code of ethics, and several publications about NGOs.