The United Nations define the sub regions of Asia as: Central Asia, Eastern Asia, Southern Asia, South-Eastern Asia, and Western Asia (Middle East).
Assisting disabled persons in finding employment: a practical guide - Asian and Pacific edition
- Intended for vocational guidance and placement personnel in governmental and non-governmental employment services, provides general advice on helping job-seekers with disabilities.
Development and Self-Help Movement of Women with Disabilities
- This article focuses on development assistance models and philosophies for women with disabilities who struggle to achieve independence in Asia, first from the viewpoint of a development program organizer and then from the viewpoint of a witness of empowered self-help movements. PDF format.
Disability Legislation in the Asia-Pacific Region
- This page provides examples of disability legislation in 10 Asia-Pacific countries in the areas of: protecting rights, equalization, education, employment, rehabilitation, accessibility, and national coordination.
Employment of People with Disabilities, a Human Rights Approach (Asia)
- This report examines the training and employment of people with disabilities from a human rights perspective, drawing on International Labour Office conventions and other international human rights instruments, as well as exemplary legislation at national level. PDF format.
Employment of People with Disabilities: The Impact of Legislation Asia and the Pacific: Report of a Project Consultation
- The aim of the project is to document existing legislation, identify the implementation mechanisms in place, highlight improvements that may be required, and provide technical assistance to selected national governments for implementing necessary improvements. PDF format.
Placement of job-seekers with disabilities: elements of an effective service - Asian and Pacific edition
- Reviews recent international trends in the promotion of employment opportunities for people with disabilities and sets out a policy and legislative framework and the key components of placement service.
Unlocking Potential: A Multinational Corporation Roundtable on Disability and Employment
- These proceedings suggest and
chart a simple course of action for how to build upon the day’s findings and activities and
the good intentions that were expressed. However, the long-term impact of the
Multinational Corporation (MNC) Roundtable on the employment of people with
disabilities and the realization of the business case for hiring them will be the
Roundtable’s true measures of success.