Background information on the MDGs and disability.
Bosques, Agricultura y Clima: Consideraciones Económicas y de Políticas
- Un Módulo de Enseñanza del GDAE Sobre Temas Sociales y Medioambientales de la Economia.
DCDD Newsletter 11
- The focus of this newsletter from the Dutch Coalition on Disability and Development contains a series of articles on how the Millennium Development Goals relate to disability. Available in HTML and PDF formats.
Disability and the Millennium Development Goals: A Review of the MDG Process and Strategies for Inclusion of Disability Issues in Millennium Development Goal Efforts
- This publication is intended to provide a ‘roadmap’ for why and how disability can and should be included in the planning, monitoring and evaluation of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) related programmes and policies.
Disability Inclusive Millennium Development Goals and Aid Effectiveness
- The report from a joint conference organised by Leonard Cheshire Disability and UNESCAP held in Bangkok in March 2012.
Discussion Article: People With Disabilities Excluded from Millennium Goals?
- This is a critical discussion about whether the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) will be reached and if there is enough involvement of disability.
Health and the Millenium Development Goals
- Some of WHO's work is tied directly to one MDG, for example, WHO's work on HIV/AIDS. Other work touches not one specific goal, but several at the same time, for example, WHO's work on strengthening health systems.
Impaired Millennium Development Goals?
- This article discusses what it considers a pessimistic current state and future prospects of the United Nation's Millennium Development Goals.
Include Everybody: Disability and the MDGs
- Provides a basic overview of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) that international organizations use to guide their priorities in development work in developing countries. Discusses how the MDGs have historically excluded people with disabilities—and how MDG-related projects can be made more inclusive. The MDGs call upon governments and organizations to reduce hunger and disease, to put all children in primary school, to achieve gender equality, and more.
Leonard Cheshire Disability - Annual Report and Accounts 2013/14
- This international annual review explains how Leonard Cheshire Disability’s programmes help promote progress toward the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). Covering livelihoods, inclusive education, research, policy and campaigns and support for everyday living, the review also explains how Leonard Cheshire Disability works with their partners in over 20 countries.
Narrowing the Gaps to meet the Goals
- A special report on a new study by UNICEF shows that an equity-focused approach to child survival and development is the most practical and cost-effective way of meeting the health Millennium Development Goals for children.
Progress for Children: Achieving the MDGs with Equity
- "Achieving the MDGs with Equity" is the focus of this ninth edition of Progress for Children, UNICEF’s report card series that monitors progress towards the MDGs. This data compendium presents a clear picture of disparities in children’s survival, development and protection among the world’s developing regions and within countries.
UN Enable -- Millennium Development Goals
- Provides an overview of issues in relation to the importance of accounting for disability in efforts to meet the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). Links to United Nations resources and publications, including those that look ahead to post-2015 goals.