A Guide for Accessible Events for People with Disabilities
- A checklist for making sure your events are accessible to all people. Word document.
Accessibility in South Africa.
- A history of building regulations in South Africa is given, followed by questions and answers concerning accessibility and national and cultural differences.
CBM's Accessibility Policy
- CBM's Policy on Accessibility.The primary purpose of CBM is to improve the quality of life of persons with disabilities, their families and those at risk of disability in the most marginalised societies. It is
CBM’s integral responsibility to promote and ensure accessibility in all spheres
of its work.
Enhanced Accessibility for People with Disabilities Living in Urban Areas
- This project aims to further the understanding of the mobility and access issues for people with disabilities and identify specific steps that can be taken to start addressing problems. PDF format.
Essentials of a Comprehensive Accessibility Legislation
- Describes the components of legislation to ensure all buildings and facilities meant for use by the general public would be usable and safe for all. This includes effective enforcement and implementation and provides for legal proceedings in case of non-compliance.
Inclusion Europe Publications Page
- Inclusion Europe page of publications including policy papers, articles, reports, and easy read documents, available in many languages.
Report of the Fourth International Expert Seminar on Building Non-Handicapping Environments: Access Legislation and Design Solutions
- This is the Report of the Fourth International Expert Seminar on Building Non-Handicapping Environments: Access Legislation and Design Solutions, Budapest, Hungary, September 2-4, 1991.
- Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), businesses and organizations that serve the public must allow people with disabilities to bring their service animals into all areas of the facility where customers are normally allowed to go. This federal law applies to all businesses open to the public, including restaurants, hotels, taxis and shuttles, grocery and department stores, hospitals and medical offices, theaters, health clubs, parks, and zoos.
The Future We Want (Complete Text of the Rio +20 Outcome Document)
- The Rio +20 Outcome Document, has five specific references to disability, namely: responsibilities of States to respect and promote human rights, promotion of sustainable development, sustainable development and poverty eradication, safe and healthy living environment for all, and ensuring equal access to education for persons with disabilities.
World Report on Disability - Chapter 6: Enabling Environments
- This is the sixth chapter of the World Report on Disability. It defines the basic concepts of accessibility and universal design and it also gives specific information for improving different types of physical and other infrastructure, including policy strategies. PDF format.