Information on various human rights issues.
Образование в области прав человека в школьной системе Европы, Центральной Азии и Северной Америки: сборник примеров успешных практик
- This paper is a compilation of 101 examples of good practice in human rights education in primary schools, secondary schools and teacher training institutions intended to spur educators on to good practices in human rights education. (In Russian)
Практическое пособие для женских правозащитных организаций
- Designed especially for first-time fundraisers, the Global Fund’s updated handbook presents some key ideas about raising money to fund women's rights work in today's global political and economic context.
СРЕДСТВА МАССОВОЙ ИНФОРМАЦИИ И ПРАВА РЕБЕНКА Справочник для журналистов, составленный самими журналистами
- This booklet is designed to help journalists monitor their government’s performance as signatories to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC). In Russian.
حشد الموارد من أجل التغيير: مرشد عملي لمنظمات حقوق النساء -- Mobilize resources for change: A Practical Guide for Women's Rights Organizations
- Designed especially for first-time fundraisers, the Global Fund’s updated handbook presents some key ideas about raising money to fund women's rights work in today's global political and economic context. (In Arabic)
قانون نموذجي حول التحرش الجنسي
- An Arabic-language translation of how to construct a law to prevent sexual harassment.
Addressing Specific Forms and Settings
- This page briefly describes the importance of addressing specific forms and settings of violence towards women, instead of simply addressing the topic generally. This page describes the why addressing specific forms and settings of violence towards women is more effective and how to decide which forms to address.
Addressing the Needs of Women Affected by Armed Conflict
- The aim of this document is to provide a working tool to ensure the provision of appropriate programmes and services to, and with, women affected by armed conflict.
Adopting a Human Rights Based Approach to Violence Against Women and Girls
- This page provides a checklist that ensures the equal treatment of all women and girls. It discusses issues such as a woman's right to healthcare, justice, and overall safety.
An Advocacy Guide for Feminists
- Advocacy is a type of engagement designed to bring about change. This primer describes feminist advocacy and how gender equality advocates can use it most effectively.
Booklet on the Minorities Declaration
- The Declaration on the Rights of Persons belonging to National or Ethnic, Religious and Linguistic Minorities sets essential standards to ensure the rights of persons belonging to minorities and as such is a key reference for United Nations work. This booklet gives guidance of following and captures the essence of the Declaration, which is printed in full in this publication.
Bullying in the Workplace Training Kit
- Bullying is a difficult issue to deal with in the workplace. This training kit has been produced to encourage positive workplaces where human capital is valued and enhanced. This kit looks at what workplace bullying is, what the law says, and examines the costs to employers. Here you can download both the facilitators' and participants' guides.
Child Rights and the Media: Putting Children in the Right
- This publication includes a number of practical recommendations intended to make media and journalists more responsive and to encourage debate within media about the portrayal of children and their rights.
Combatting Trafficking in Persons: A Handbook for Parliamentarians
- This book instructs Parliamentarians on how to define, combat and prevent the crime of Human Trafficking.
Combattre La Traite Des Personnes: Guide à l´usage des parlementaires
- Les parlementaires ont un rôle important à jouer dans la lutte contre la traite des personnes.
Ils trouveront dans ce Guide à l’usage des parlementaires des suggestions pratiques
qui les aideront à doter leur pays de tout l’arsenal des mesures nécessaires et à
en promouvoir l’adoption.
Employing Culturally Appropriate Measures with Women's Rights
- This page expresses the importance of considering the culture of a country when trying to prevent violence against women and girls. It also discusses how to approach this topic with other cultures.
English Wallposter Comics Manual
- This booklet is a guide in how to make wallposter comics. Wallposter comics are inexpensively produced educational stories by local non-governmental organizations. PDF format.
Ensuring Gender Responsiveness
- This UN Women Virtual Knowledge Centre to End Violence Against Women and Girls webpage provides instructions on using a gender-responsiveness approach to creating a more equalized social dynamic between men and women, and describes how to create programmes and environments that will break down gender stereotypes.
Facilitators Guide for Gender Training
- This guide has been developed to support the design and delivery of gender training by gender focal points (GFPs) as a support resource. It is comprised of instructions, notes and tips specifically for the training modules and sessions included in this guide, but does not include more generalized and comprehensive guidance on gender training.
Gaining Ground: A Tool for Advancing Reproductive Rights Law Reform
- This is a resource for advocates promoting law reform at the national level. Each chapter, devoted to a key reproductive rights issue, provides positive examples of recently adopted laws and policies from around the world. It is aimed at helping advocates generate ideas for reform and assess what can be realistically achieved in their own countries.
Gender Policy and Community Radio
- This Gender Policy for Community Radio will serve as a tool to implement gender equality in stations. It should be part of station by-laws and ethical policies.
Gender Sensitive Disaster Management: A Toolkit for Practitioners
- This toolkit is the outcome of a research study to understand gender mainstreaming strategies used by non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and the Government in the context of their responses to a natural disaster. The tools are intended for use by all those engaged in the disaster management: policy makers, donors, NGOs and researchers in their efforts to build resilient and gender-just communities.
Gender va Pitrasatta: Ek Prashikshan Module
- A training manual as well as report of a workshop on gender and patriarchy. Hindi Language.
Gender, HIV and Human Rights: A Training Manual
- The training manual is an educational and inspiring stimulus to public health staff, educators, policy makers and anyone interested in projects being used to combat the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
Guía Práctica para Organización de Derechos Humanos de las Mujeres
- Este es una guía práctica para la recaudación de recursos como una pequeña contribución al movimiento global de mujeres.
Guide to Promoting the Participation of Women in Elections
- This handbook is intended to provide a quick reference guide to assist headquarters- and field-based actors from the United Nations, governments and civil society working to promote greater participation of women in electoral processes in post-conflict countries.
Guidelines on Indigenous Peoples' Issues
- The purpose of these guidelines is to assist the United Nations system to mainstream and integrate indigenous peoples’ issues in processes for operational activities and programmes at the country level.
Human Rights and Law Enforcement: A Trainer's Guide on Human Rights for the Police
- This guide is intended to provide information on international human rights standards relevant to the work of police.
Human Rights and Prisons - A Compilation of Human Rights Instruments: English version
- This document is the English version of "Human Rights and Prisons - A Compilation of Human Rights Instruments." The document discusses excerpts from The International Bill of Human Rights and other United Nations Treaties. In particular, one excerpt mentions the Convention on the Rights of the Child: Article 23, which focuses on children with mental or phyiscal disabilities.
Human Rights Education in the School Systems of Europe, Central Asia, and North America: A Compendium of Good Practice
- This paper is a compilation of 101 examples of good practice in human rights education in primary schools, secondary schools and teacher training institutions intended to spur educators on to good practices in human rights education.
Human Rights Training and Education
- This page contains links to documents related to human rights eduction and guides and training materials to promote human rights. Documents are available in several languages.
Human Rights: A Handbook for Parliamentarians
- This guide provides an overview of governing human rights law and the obligations of states to uphold it. The guide also gives examples of what parliaments and their members can do to promote and protect human rights. Finally, this guide aims to describe the core content of each right guaranteed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Leading to Choices: A Leadership Training Handbook for Women
- This guide is intended to be used as a learning tool and a primer on leadership training. It addresses women’s empowerment and communication strategies and aims to enable the reader or workshop participant to develop the best means to communicate, listen, build consensus, create shared meaning, and foster learning.
Legal Tools for the Establishment of Gender Equality through International Law
- This manual starts with a general background on the role of international law and how it can be used in a domestic context. It then touches on the concept of customary international law and some international forums for enforcing women’s rights when domestic efforts fail.
Los Derechos de los Pueblos Indígenas Tribales en la Práctica
- Esta es una guia sobre el Convenio Num 169 de la Organizacion Internacional del Trabajo. Esta guía presenta las experiencias, prácticas y lecciones - lo que constituye un instrumento práctico para la mejor comprensión y aplicación de los derechos de los pueblos indígenas.
Mahilaon ke khilaf hinsa
- This is a basic training manual for organizations to use within communities that they work in to discuss issues of violence against women. Hindi Language.
Manual de Capacitación de los Derechos Humanos
- Este manual tiene como objetivo proporcionar formación metodológica para vigilar los derechos humanos. (In Spanish).
Operating Under Ethical Guidelines
- This short, informational page describes how to ethically ensure the rights of women.
Operating Within the Ecological Model
- This page contains a description of the ecological model, as well as a diagram which helps to illustrate the concept. The ecological model discusses the importance of change being implemented at an individual, relationship, commmunity and societal level. This page also describes how to implement change so that it will affect all levels of a society.
Pairvee: Kyon aur Kaise
- This toolkit on advocacy equips social change organizations and activists with knowledge and skills on various advocacy tools, methods and strategies. This toolkit reaches out to especially grassroots organizations in India and seeks to reduce the paucity of material in Hindi on issue of advocacy. In Hindi Language
Parlamentos contra la violencia hacia las mujeres
- Este folleto da instrucciones sobre cómo los parlamentos adoptar leyes que el trabajo, asegúrese de que estas leyes se aplican, educar y sensibilizar, crear alianzas, muestran una fuerte voluntad política, y establecer un marco institucional. Este folleto también proporciona ejemplos detallados de los parlamentos que se han aplicado con éxito las leyes para la protección de las mujeres. (In Spanish).
Parlements contre la violence envers les femmes
- This booklet instructs parliaments on how to adopt laws that work, make sure these laws are implemented, educate and sensitize, build partnerships, show a strong political will, and establish an institutional framework. This booklet also provides detailed examples of parliaments who have successfully implemented laws for the protection of women. (In French).
Parliaments Take Action on Violence Against Women
- This booklet instructs parliaments on how to adopt laws that work, make sure these laws are implemented, educate and sensitize, build partnerships, show a strong political will, and establish an institutional framework. This booklet also provides detailed examples of parliaments who have successfully implemented laws for the protection of women.
Parliaments Take Action on Violence Against Women (In Arabic)
- This booklet instructs parliaments on how to adopt laws that work, make sure these laws are implemented, educate and sensitize, build partnerships, show a strong political will, and establish an institutional framework. This booklet also provides detailed examples of parliaments who have successfully implemented laws for the protection of women. (In Arabic)
Preventing Torture: An Operational Guide for National Human Rights Institutions
- The Guide is designed to be a practical toolkit to support national human rights intitutions as they plan and undertake concrete activities to prevent torture in their country. The guide begins by explaining the concept of torture prevention and highlights the importance of engaging in a global, integrated strategy to prevent torture.
Principes D'autonomisation Des Femmes: Pour L'entreprise Aussi, L'egalite Est Une Bonne Affaire
- Pour renforcer l’ouverture et l’inclusion
grâce aux politiques et activités des
entreprises, il convient de disposer
de techniques, d’outils et de
pratiques performantes. Les Principes
d’autonomisation des femmes,
élaborés grâce à un processus
consultatif multipartite international
mené par le Fonds de développement
des Nations Unies pour la femme
(UNIFEM ) et le Pacte mondial des
Nations Unies (UNGC), fournissent
une perspective de genre par le biais
de laquelle les entreprises peuvent
étudier et analyser les initiatives en
cours, les références et les pratiques
Principios de Empoderamento Das Mulheres: Igualdade Significa Negocios
- Aumentar a abertura e a inclusão
em todo o espectro das políticas
e operações corporativas requer
técnicas, ferramentas e práticas
que apresentem resultados. Os
Princípios de Empoderamento das
Mulheres, forjados através de um
processo consultivo internacional
que incluiu várias partes
interessadas, conduzido pelo Fundo
de Desenvolvimento das Nações
Unidas para a Mulher (UNIFEM ) e o
Pacto Global das Nações (UNGC),
fornecem uma “perspectiva de
género” através da qual os negócios
podem investigar e analisar as
iniciativas, metas e práticas de
realização de relatórios existentes.
Principios para el Empoderamiento de las Mujeres: La Igualdad es buen negocio
- Este manual da instrucciones a las empresas sobre la manera de incorporar a las mujeres en la fuerza de trabajo y garantizar la igualdad de género en el trabajo. (Spanish).
Promoting Gender Equity and Empowering Young Women: A Training Manual
- This manual instructs people how to work with young women in order to promote gender equity and empowerment for young women. This manual adresses topics such as women's sexual and reproductive rights, as well as how to address topics such as sexual violence and HIV/AIDS.
Protecting Internally Displaced Persons: A Manual for Law and Policy Makers
- This manual is meant to provide guidance to national authorities seeking to prepare and enact domestic legislation and policies addressing internal displacement in their country.
- This page defines racial harassment, gives examples of harassment, and gives reasons why you should act if you feel you have been inappropriately treated.
Resource Kit on Indigenous Peoples' Issues
- This kit focuses on development and indigenous peoples, with emphasis on their full and effective participation in all development processes and the need for a genuine partnership in—and ownership with them—of these processes.
Responding to Diversity
- This page explains why it is important to take the different needs of each community into account as you try to implement interventions to prevent violence against women and girls. It also addresses the importance of factors such as life cycle, ethnicity, and other community issues when examining how to intervene on behalf of the women in a community.
Rethink! A Handbook for Sustainable Peace
- This handbook is meant to be a tool to build gender equality for people working in areas affected by war and armed conflict and in the peace and rebuilding process.
Self-Care and Self-Defense: Manual for Feminist Activists
- This manual is a resource to help feminist activists to know themselves better, optimize their strength, reflect upon their context, and work on caring for themselves
- This page defines sexual harassment, gives examples of harassment, and gives reasons why you should act if you feel you have been inappropriately treated.
The Ithaca Toolkit for Monitoring Human Rights and General Health Care in Mental Health and Social Care Institutions
- This publication arises from the project Institutional Treatment, Human Rights and Care Assessment (ITHACA), which has received funding from the European Union, in the framework of the Public Health Programme.
The Media and Children's Rights
- This booklet is designed to help journalists monitor their government’s performance as signatories to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC).
Training Manual on Human Rights Monitoring
- This manual aims to provide methodological training to monitor human rights.
Um Guia Prático para Organizações de Direitos Humanos para Mulheres
- Este manual prático e autalizado de como arracadar adoações para o movimento da mulher. (Português).
Un guide pratique pour les organisations des droits des femmes
- Ce guide offre actualisé et pratique pour la collecte des fonds en tant qu’une modeste contribution au mouvement mondial des femmes.
Understanding Human Rights
- This resource includes activities designed to help students clarify human rights concepts and provide an opportunity to explore the effect of human rights. It provides students with basic information and history about human rights, the processes involved in the drafting and publication of international documents and treaties that support human rights, and an understanding of how human rights are relevant in everyday life.
Using Common Values to Design a Campaign
- Figure out the following to frame your issue: What is the operating myth? What is the reality the myth tries to hide? What is a widely-held value within society that we can leverage to call for change? The following examples may help.
Using D.R.P.I.’s Tools to Monitor the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- This page describes how Disability Rights Promotion International's (D.R.P.I) tools can be used to monitor the rights of individuals with disabilities. PDF format.
Violence Against Women and Girls (VAW/G): A Compendium of Monitoring and Evaluation Indicators
- This guide was developed for managers, organizations, and policy makers working in the field of VAW/G program implementation and evaluation in developing countries, and for people who provide technical assistance to those individuals and organizations as a resource to monitor and evaluate violence-based human rights violations against women and girls.
Women's Empowerment Principles: Equality Means Business
- This manual instructs busineses on how to incorporate women into the work force and ensure gender equality at work.
Women's Empowerment Principles: Equality Means Business (Arabic)
- This manual instructs busineses on how to incorporate women into the work force and ensure gender equality at work. (Arabic)
Women's Empowerment Principles: Equality Means Business (Chinese)
- A document written in chinese that discusses some principles of women's empowerment.
Women's Empowerment Principles: Equality Means Business (Russian)
- Enhancing openness and inclusion throughout corporate policies and operations requires techniques, tools and practices that bring results. The Women’s Empowerment Principles, forged through an international multi-stakeholder consultative process led by the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM ) and the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), provide a “gender lens” through which business can survey and analyze current initiatives, benchmarks and reporting practices.(Russian)
Women's Fundraising Handbook
- Designed especially for first-time fundraisers, this handbook presents some key ideas about raising money to fund women's rights work in today's global political and economic context.
Working in Partnership
- This page discusses the importance and advantages of forming partnerships with various types of organizations. These types of organizations include government organizations, parliamentarians, civil society organizations, academic and research institutions, the private sector and the media.
Yaunikata evam gender: Ek Prashikshan Guide
- A training manual on gender and sexuality has been developed by CREA for people/organizations interested in doing training on sexuality with their staff, community and/or specific groups. The manual assists trainers in raising key issues in sexuality and facilitating discussions that challenge norms and beliefs on issues of sexuality and gender. In Hindi Language