A collection of digital resources for public health educators, students, and practitioners.
Africa Renewal (Recovery)
- Africa Renewal examines the many issues that confront the people of Africa, its leaders and its international partners: economic reform, debt, education and health, women's advancement, conflict and civil strife, democratization, aid, investment, trade, regional integration, rural development, and many other topics.
BMC Infectious Diseases
- BMC Infectious Diseases is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of the prevention, diagnosis and management of infectious and sexually transmitted diseases in humans, as well as related molecular genetics, pathophysiology, and epidemiology.
BMC International Health and Human Rights
- BMC International Health and Human Rights is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles in relation to health and disease in developing and transitional countries, as well as all issues relating to the impact of health policies, programs and practices on human rights.
BMC Public Health
- BMC Public Health is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on the epidemiology of disease and the understanding of all aspects of public health. The journal has a special focus on the social determinants of health, the environmental, behavioral, and occupational correlates of health and disease, and the impact of health policies, practices and interventions on the community.
BMC Women's Health
- BMC Women's Health is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of the health and wellbeing of adolescent girls and women, with a particular focus on the physical, mental, and emotional health of women in developed and developing nations.
East African Journal of Public Health
- multi-disciplinary journal publishing scientific research work from a range of public health related disciplines including community medicine, epidemiology, nutrition, behavioural sciences, health promotion, health education, communicable and non-communicable disease.
Emerging Themes in Epidemiology
- Emerging Themes in Epidemiology is an Open Access, peer-reviewed journal that publishes original research papers to promote debate and discussion on practical and theoretical aspects of epidemiology.
International Journal of Integrated Care
- The International Journal of Integrated Care (IJIC) is an online, open-access, peer-reviewed scientific journal that publishes original articles in the field of integrated care on a continuous basis. Established in 2000, IJIC's mission has been to promote integrated care as a scientific discipline. IJIC's primary purpose has been to examine critically the policy and practice of integrated care and whether and how this has impacted on quality-of-care, user experiences, and cost-effectiveness
Journal of the International AIDS Society
- The JIAS covers HIV-related topics from across all scientific disciplines, including but not limited to:Basic and biomedical sciences; Behavioural sciences and epidemiology; Clinical sciences; Health economics and health policy; Operations research and implementation sciences; and, Social sciences and humanities, including political sciences and media. The JIAS prioritizes submissions from operational research and implementation science as publication of such material can provide valuable information on various algorithms for monitoring and providing support for comprehensive, yet affordable and sustainable treatment, prevention and care programmes in different contexts. Submission of HIV research carried out in low- and middle-income countries is strongly encouraged.
Nutrition & Metabolism
- Nutrition & Metabolism publishes content focused on the integration of nutrition, exercise physiology, clinical investigations, and molecular and cellular biochemistry of metabolism. The areas of interest encompass studies in obesity, diabetes, lipidemias, metabolic syndrome and exercise physiology that have an underlying basis in metabolism. Current, but not exclusive, interests are metabolic effects of diet composition, interactions of macronutrients, effect of nutrients on gene expression, metabolic control and compartment models, nutritional effect of hormones, and genomic analysis of dietary phenomena. Recent events that provide the rationale for Nutrition & Metabolism are 1) awareness of an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, lipidemias and other related diseases, 2) the sudden increase in popularity of diets, such as low carbohydrate diets, to achieve weight loss, and 3) a renewed interest in intermediary metabolism accompanied by the development of new tools and techniques for genomic and metabolic analysis.
- Nutrition Journal considers manuscripts within the field of human nutrition. Animal studies are not published. The journal aims to encourage scientists and physicians of all fields to publish results that challenge current models, tenets or dogmas. The journal invites scientists and physicians to submit work that illustrates how commonly used methods and techniques are unsuitable for studying a particular phenomenon. Nutrition Journal strongly promotes and invites the publication of clinical trials that fall short of demonstrating an improvement over current treatments. The aim of the journal is to provide scientists and physicians with responsible and balanced information in order to improve experimental designs and clinical decisions.