Academic research, case studies, and reports on CBR and people with disabilities.
Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) for the Persons with Visual Impairment of Barisal District
- This article details the Centre for Services and Information on Disability's program of community based rehabilitation of persons with visual disabilities in the Basil District of Bangladesh.
Community Participation in Community-Based Rehabilitation Programmes
- The purpose of this study was to qualitatively analyse the extent of evaluation of community participation in CBR studies evaluated over the last thirty years. PDF format.
Disability, CBR and Inclusive Development
- Disability, CBR and Inclusive Development (formerly Asia Pacific Disability Rehabilitation Journal) aims to publish evidence-based information to address needs of practitioners (particularly those from developing countries), policy makers, organisations of persons with disabilities and the scientific community.
Examining Factors Impacting Community Based Rehabilitation in a Refugee Camp: An Exploratory Case Study
- This paper examines factors that impact the ability of refugees within a refugee camp in Kenya to participate in their communities through community-based rehabilitation (CBR). PDF format.
Impact of Community-Based Rehabilitation (CBR) in Mandya District (Kernataka, India)
- The power point slides in this PDF file present results from an evaluation study of two CBR programs working with people with disabilities in Mandya and Ramanagar districts in Karnataka, India.
International Consultation to Review Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR)
- Results of a multi-year study on the value of a CBR approach to disability rights. PDF format.
PRSD (Pakistan Society for the Rehabilitation of the Disabled)
- The Pakistan Society for the Rehabilitation of the Disabled seeks to improve the quality of life of people with physical disabilities; provide preventive, remedial and rehabilitative treatment to the disabled and handicapped; integrate the disabled into society as full, productive and useful partners; and increase awareness about the needs of people with disabilities.
The Application of Community Neurorehabilitation Using a Family-Centred Approach to Persons with Disability: A Case Study in Stroke Survivors
- This study aimed to evaluate changes in motor activity and mental and social conditions of 10 stroke survivors after participating in the 12-week community neurorehabilitation using a family-centred approach. PDF format.
The Influence of HIV/AIDS on Community Based Rehabilitation in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- This paper examines the impact of HIV/AIDS on community-based rehabilitation for women with disabilities in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. PDF format.