Documents and Websites about Easy Read Format, and materials for people with intellectual disabilities.
A Guide to Making ‘Easy-Read’ Information
- This document gives simple steps to make sure you have created a quality, easy read format of material.
Access to Published Works
- This is an article which introduces various forms of accessible publications and the different challenges one must face to make publication more accessible to persons with disabilities.
- This page includes a chart listing clear English alternates to some commonly-used phrases. It also includes a readability checklist.
Easy Read and Makaton: Formats for People with Learning Disabilities
- Easy Read can be used by people with learning disabilities. Makaton can be useful for people with profound learning disabilities. Easy access can be a useful format for people who have had strokes.
EDF in easy language
- This page contains links to information about the work of the European Disability Forum (EDF) in easy-read versions in many languages.
Make It Simple: European Guidelines for the Production of Easy-to-Read Information
- The goal of these easy-read guidelines is to help to overcome literacy difficulties and support governments and organisations in making information services and documentation accessible to everyone. PDF format.
- This article includes six guidelines to help authors produce easy-to-read materials.