Monitoring and documentation of human rights situation for people with disabilities
Capacity Building of Persons with Disabilities in Kabul City, Afghanistan
- A summary of the activities of a capacity building program for people with disabilities based in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Conducting Surveys on Disability: A Comprehensive Toolkit
- This toolkit gives the basis for the design and implementation of household surveys on disability, by compiling a variety of documents, experiences and discussions. PDF format.
Effective Use of International Human Rights Monitoring Mechanisms to Protect the Rights of Persons with Disabilities: Guidance Document
- The objective of this document is to provide practical advice to disabled people's organizations (DPOs) and DPO coalitions on international human rights mechanisms. It focuses on the reporting process of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) and the preparation of reports by DPOs. PDF format. In English.
Monitoring & Evaluation Manual
- This manual discusses the importance of monitoring & evaluating an organization's projects in order to take effective measures of action in the future. It also gives suggestions for best methods of monitoring & evaluation for disabled people's organizations. From Disabled People’s Organisations Denmark. PDF format.
Monitoring Implementation of the International Human Rights Instruments: An Overview of the Current Treaty Body System
- This article is a background conference document prepared by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights on monitoring implementation of the international human rights instruments. Word document format.
Monitoring the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities: Guidance for Human Rights Monitors
- This publication will assist those engaged in human rights monitoring to effectively include the perspective of people with disabilities in their activities by integrating people with disabilities in general monitoring work and by paying attention to monitoring the situation and enjoyment of rights by people with disabilities. PDF format.
Monitoring the Human Rights of People with Disabilities in Canada: Québec Monitoring Site Fact Sheet
- Summarizes the findings of a study on the human rights situation of people with disabilities in Quebec, Canada. In English.
Monitoring the Human Rights of People with Disabilities: Country Report- Bolivia
- This study is aimed at moinitoring the human rights situation of people with disabilities in Bolivia, building capacity, and developing a sustainable global system for monitoring disability rights. PDF format.
Monitoring the Human Rights of People with Disabilities: Country Report- India
- This study is aimed at monitoring the human rights of people with disabilities with the support of field research based on interviews with people with disabilities, as well as of critical analysis of current national disability policy. PDF format.
Monitoring the Human Rights of Persons with Disabilities: Laws, Policies and Programs in the Philippines
- The goal of this study is to identify and draw attention to the most critical gaps and deficiencies in legislative and policy frameworks and to make recommendations to change and improve the existing framework to advance the human rights of people with disabilities. PDF format.
Moving Forward: Progress in Global Disability Rights Monitoring
- This report is part of a global project working to establish a comprehensive and sustainable global system for monitoring the human rights of people with disabilities. PDF format.
National Law and Policy Monitoring Template
- This template was created to establish a world wide disability rights monitoring system. It can be used to examine existing laws, policies and programs, using the principles and rights established in the United Nation Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. PDF format.
Opportunities, Methodologies, and Training Resources for Disability Rights Monitoring: Phase I Report
- This report was prepared as a review of research conducted to inform the
development of an international disability rights monitoring system. PDF format.
Reorienting Disability Research
- This report includes action steps to address areas of primary importance in disability statistics: orienting disability data collection activities to the new paradigm of thinking about disability, improving organizational structure, refining current data collection efforts, using existing data, developing new data collection instruments, and broadening dissemination. PDF format.
Using D.R.P.I.’s Tools to Monitor the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- This page describes how Disability Rights Promotion International's (D.R.P.I) tools can be used to monitor the rights of individuals with disabilities. PDF format.