Content on disability inclusion in disaster mitigation and planning efforts.
A Culture of Neglect: Climate Discourse and Disabled People
- This paper considers the silence around people with disabilities in discourses about adaptation, mitigation, vulnerability and resilience.
Disability and Conflict
- The purpose of this report is to discuss issues of disability and conflict situations and to provide the basis for influencing global policy and practice. It also shares good practice and identifies challenges and problems. PDF format.
IASC Guidelines on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings
- These guidelines reflect the insights of practitioners from different geographic regions, disciplines and sectors, and reflect an emerging consensus on good practice among practitioners. In addition, the guidelines recommend selected psychological and psychiatric interventions for specific problems.
Including People With Disabilities in Crisis Response
- A report describing why it is important for societies to include people
with disabilities in measures to stimulate job growth,
introduced in response to the economic and social crisis. Failing to do
so will mean that the commitments made by the world
community in the Millennium Development Goals will be
impossible to meet, in particular the goal of halving the
number of people living in poverty by 2015.
Making Emergency Response Programming Inclusive of People with Disabilities: Steps Needed to Move Forward
- This is a presentation from Mobility International about the steps needed to make emergency response programming inclusive of people with disabilities. It offers practical recommendations for individuals, policy-makers, and organizations.