Cyclopedia of Economics
- Cyclopedia of issues in economics analyzed through the prism of the economies of countries in transition, emerging markets and developing countries. By Dr. Sam Vaknin, 2004.
Economics and Personal Finance Education Resources
- Econ Lowdown provides award-winning, free classroom resources for K-16 educators to teach about economics, personal finance, money and banking, and the Federal Reserve. We also have free resources for consumers who want to learn about these topics.
Encyclopedia of Law and Economics
- The Encyclopedia of Law and Economics is an ambitious reference work that attempts to survey the whole law and economics literature in nearly 5,000 pages.
History of Economic Ideas
- Economics is both a social science and a business subject; accordingly, economic thinking affects everything from art to philosophy to the wider global culture. In turn, society and trends influence the development of economic thought. Note that many of the assigned readings in this course are primary source materials written by the economic theorists themselves.
- In this course, you will build on and apply what you learned in the introductory macroeconomics course (ECON102). You will use the concepts of output, unemployment, inflation, consumption, and investment to study the dynamics of an economy at a more advanced level.
- This course is designed to extend your knowledge of the basic microeconomic principles that will provide the foundation for your future work in economics and give you insight into how economic models can help us think about important real world phenomena.
- This course is accordingly designed to teach both fact and theory. By looking at facts through data and empirical findings, we can better understand the mechanisms of the labor market. The theory, on the other hand, will help us in understanding how this data is generated.
Principles of Macroeconomics
- The purpose of this course is to provide you with a fundamental understanding of the principles of macroeconomics. Macroeconomists study how a country’s economy works and try to determine the best choices to improve the overall wellbeing of a nation.
Principles of Microeconomics
- The purpose of this course is to provide you with a basic understanding of the principles of microeconomics. At its core, the study of economics deals with the choices and decisions that have to be made in order to manage scarce resources available to us.
Wikipedia Business and Economics Portal
- Wikipedia's explanation of business and economics.