Covers what the internet is, how to access it, and how to effectively use it.
Basic Online Skills
- This course is divided into four separate modules: Computer Skills; E-Mail Skills; Word Processing Skills and Web Skills. Each module is self-paced and includes review questions so you can check how much you have learned.
Basic Skills for the World Wide Web
- This course will help get the most out of your experience with the World Wide Web. You will master the fundamental skills involved in intelligent web use.
Glossary of Internet Terms
- Matisse's Glossary of Internet Terms
Introduction to the Internet
- In this course you will learn how to: use a web browser's navigation tools to move within and between websites, find information using online searches, evaluate a website, fill out an electronic form, set up and use an e-mail account and attachments, and get started with common social networking sites.
Introduction to the Internet Handout 1
Introduction to the Internet Handout 2
- Basic email skills cheat sheet covering: setting up an acount; email etiquette; composing and sending email; replying to emails; and handling attachments.
Learn The Net
- Web site to help you master using the Internet.
Mastering Basic E-Mail Skills
- There are three basic parts to the course. The first teaches how to receive an e-mail message. Then you learn how to send a message. Finally you will acquire skill in attaching digital files to your e-mails.