How to Account for a Lease
- A lease is an agreement between a lessor and a lessee by which the lessor will rent an asset to the lessee for a specified period of time, with regular payments due to the lessor for use of the asset. Leases are common in the business environment for large pieces of equipment and buildings. There are 2 types of leases: operating leases and capital leases.
How to Get out of Your Apartment Lease
- If you need to get out of your lease for one reason or another, here are some steps you can take to try to break that contract.
How to Rent a Unit Without a Property Agent
- Many people have a misconception that in order for a unit to be rented out or vice-versa, you need a property or real estate agent. The truth is you can actually do it yourself.
Real Estate Rental
- A rental agreement is often called a lease, especially when real estate is rented. Real estate rentals are initiated by a rental application which are used to build the terms of the lease. In addition to the basics of a rental, a real estate rental may go into much more detail on these and other issues.
Renters: How to Get your Rent Deposit Back
- This article takes a look at the little known secret of how landlords use rent deposits to cover their losses and how to get your deposit back.
Renters: What are the Key Clauses in a Rental Agreement?
- Rental Agreements are complex documents that are almost never read in their entirety. However, there's no excuse for not knowing what your legal obligations are when you rent a house, apartment, or a condo. This article looks at the key clauses of a typical lease agreement and could help you understand the importance of a lease or rental agreement.
- Wikipedia's page discussing renting as an agreement where a payment is made for the temporary use of a good, service or property owned by another.
Would You Sign this Lease?
- A four page handout that questions the reader to judge the presented lease agreement.