Hands on Banking: Money Management Tools
- The Money Management Tools topic will teach participants how to make the most of their money by saving more, creating a spending plan, and being a better shopper. It also includes special sections on kids and money and buying a car.
How to Budget Your Money
- Unless you budget your money, you're practically inviting unnecessary debt into your life and making it impossible to save. These steps will help you figure out how to make a budget so you can control your spending accordingly.
How to Create a Household Budget
- Creating a household budget organizes the "layout" of how the money, that is earned by the household members, is being spent and going towards.
How to Create a Working Budget
- A budget is a great way to take control of your finances and save for some goal or maybe just get out of debt.
How to Feed a Family on a Tight Budget
- Are you spending a fortune just on food for your family? Are you trying to find ways to lower your food bill but keep ending up spending more than you expected? There are many reasons why we spend more than we need or intend to, like buying too much, wasting what's not eaten rather than making leftovers, snacks, or eating out. It is possible to feed a family on a tight budget provided you're really wised up to what will help make the food stretch further.
How to Shop Carefully With a Tight Budget
- The high cost of many items nowadays necessitates careful budgeting. If you carefully select your purchases and create a shopping list, you'll be able to get what you need without damaging your wallet too much.
Identify Your Expenses Worksheet
- Use this worksheet to identify your expenses.
Identify Your Income Worksheet
- Use this worksheet to estimate your monthly income from various sources. When you’ve completed this worksheet, you’re halfway to a spending plan.
Manage Your Money Wisely - Powerpoint Training Slides
- The Money Management course will give you an understanding of what good money management is and why it is important. It will also give you skills and ideas to help you better manage your money.
Manage Your Money Wisely - Tracking Your Money
- Knowing what you spend now is the first step in creating a budget. A budget is a spending plan to help you forecast and control your expenses. To create a budget you need to know how much you spend each month - and compare that figure to your take home pay. This article will help you prepare.
Rework a Budget
- A handout designed to help students design and maintain a budget based on real life scenarios.
Rework a Budget
- A blank handout with spaces and labels designed to help students design and maintain a budget based on real life.
Sample Monthly Budget for Adults & Families
- Making a budget is the most important step in controlling your money. A budget allows you to track your Income (the money that you have) and your Expenses (the
money you spend). By writing down your monthly income and expenses, you can see how
much money you expect to have for the month and plan for how much you can spend.
Smart About Money.org
- We have some solutions that might be easier than you think including helping you learn ways to manage money.
We're the National Endowment for Financial Education, a nonprofit foundation with nothing to sell and a lot to tell.
For over 30 years, we've helped people just like you get smart about their money.
We're here to provide sound advice and practical information on how to start achieving all your financial goals.
The Art of Budgeting
- A personal budget is a financial plan that allocates future income toward expenses, savings, and debt repayment. “Where does the money go?” is a common dilemma faced by many individuals and households when it comes to budgeting and money management.