A Snapshot of Older People’s Lives in Rural Shaanxi: Promoting Older People’s Participation in Development in Rural China
- This report is a result of a survey conducted in 12 villages in the Shaanxi province of China. It discusses the situation of older people including healthcare, education, migration, and the role of older people’s associations.
A Study of Humanitarian Financing for Older People
- This study outlines the significant gap in the amount of funding allocated to older people in humanitarian emergencies, despite their being one of the most vulnerable groups during disasters.
Elder Abuse in the Family in Spain
- This study presents a precise picture of the scope of the problem of elder abuse in Spain, using data obtained from a wide survey. It reviews similar studies conducted in other countries that make it possible to contextualize the
problem in Spain, and it analyzes Spanish legislation on this matter.
Missing Voices: Views of Older Persons on Elder Abuse
- This report presents the findings of a study implemented in order to establish components of elder abuse as identified by older people themselves.
Protecting Older People’s Rights in Moldova
- This paper covers a wide range of issues regarding how older people’s rights should be protected, including pensions, social benefits, and property rights.
Protecting the Rights of Older People in Africa
- This paper discusses the contribution older people make to African society, from caring for orphaned grandchildren to providing household income. It shows how they are discriminated against by family services.
Reports and Resources
- This page contains links to documents about elder abuse specific to certain countries.
Swaziland Old Age Grant Impact Assessment
- The old age grant in Swaziland was introduced in 2005. This study assesses its impact and discusses how it has been delivered since it was first set up.
UK Study of Abuse and Neglect of Older People
- Elder abuse and neglect (mistreatment) are increasingly acknowledged as a social problem in the UK and internationally, but there has been an absence of any sound data on the extent of this in the UK. This lack of evidence prompted a dedicated survey to provide nationally representative prevalence estimates of elder abuse and neglect in the community, the results of which are presented here.