All About Age Discrimination
- Promotes the human rights of Australians of all ages--young, old, and everyone in between. Handles complaints about human rights violations in Australia based on age.
- HelpAge International is a global network of members and partner organisations working in over 80 countries on practical and policy work. It is the only network with a mission to improve the lives of disadvantaged older people.
HelpAge Resources on HIV/AIDs
- HIV and AIDS are having devastating and under-reported economic, social, physical and psychological effects on older women and men. They have to care and provide for those who are ill and orphaned, and are themselves susceptible to HIV infection. There is an urgent need for research and action to support older people in their critical roles in household and community survival.
Persons with Disabilities and Older Persons
- This page contains links to United Nations' documents in many languages related to the human rights of people with disabilities and older people.
Rights of Older People
- Poverty and social exclusion remain the main stumbling blocks to the realisation of the human rights of older people worldwide. Older people face abuse, neglect, exclusion and poverty, which deny them access to, and benefit from, their rights and entitlements. Gender, ethnicity, disability and age can create a cocktail of discrimination, leading to the marginalisation of older women and men from their families, communities and society.
The Vulnerability and Living Conditions of Older People in Addis Ababa
- This paper summarises the findings of a study of older people’s living conditions in Addis Ababa, covering food and income security, shelter, water and sanitation, health, HIV and AIDS, training and care.
United Nations Principles for Older Persons
- This document gives general guidelines on what governments should do to respect the rights of older persons.