"Hellish Work:" Exploitation of Migrant Tobacco Workers in Kazakhstan
- This report documents how some employers confiscated migrant workers' passports, failed to provide them with written contracts, did not pay regular wages, cheated them of earnings, and required them to work excessively long hours. It also documents some allegations of child labor.
A Strange Case
- This report details ways in which some European multinational firms have carried out aggressive campaigns to keep workers in the United States from organizing and bargaining, violating international standards and, often, U.S. labor laws.
Age Discrimination: Exposing the Hidden Barrier for Mature Age Workers
- The purpose of this paper is to look at and raise awareness of the issues of ageism and unlawful age discrimination against mature age workers within the workplace.
An Uncertain Future: Oil Contracts and Stalled Reform in São Tomé e Príncipe
- This report documents how São Tomé’s government remains ill-equipped to manage the revenues from any hydrocarbon endowment, despite domestic and international efforts to improve financial transparency and accountability in anticipation of major oil discoveries.
Bullying in the Workplace Training Kit
- Bullying is a difficult issue to deal with in the workplace. This training kit has been produced to encourage positive workplaces where human capital is valued and enhanced. This kit looks at what workplace bullying is, what the law says, and examines the costs to employers. Here you can download both the facilitators' and participants' guides.
Deliberate Chaos: Ongoing Human Rights Abuses in the Marange Diamond Fields of Zimbabwe
- This report documents repeated human rights violations still occuring in the Marange, Zimbabwe diamond industry desipte previous warnings from the human rights community.
Forgotten Workforce: Older People and their Right to Decent Work
- This report discusses the contribution older people in low- and middle- income countries make to their families and the economy. It looks at the reasons why older people work and the types of work they do.
Working for Life: Making Decent Work and Pensions a Reality for Older People
- This report makes recommendations to the European Union on how to include older people in decent work programmes and how to provide assistance with social pensions.