Christianity before 325 AD. May also include Judaism pre-325 AD, as the two are interrelated.
A Rational History of Christianity
- From Shattering the Sacred Myths: Christianity's rise to power followed by Europe's descent into a dark age.
Archaeology and the Bible
- Christian answers and viewpoints on various questions such as whether the Bible is historically accurate, if archaeology verifies the Bible, etc.
Ark of the Covenant
- One day, in 1978, Ron decided to go sightseeing near the Damascus Gate, in Jerusalem. Walking along an ancient stone quarry, known to some as "the Calvary Escarpment," he was talking with a local authority about Roman antiquities. Without warning, Ron's left hand pointed to a site being used as a rubbish dump and said, "That's Jeremiah's Grotto and the Ark of the Covenant is in there."
- published in 1888 by the American Bible Society
First Three Centuries of Christianity
- The first three centuries of Christianity,
as seen by religious liberals and historians
- Wikipedia's page on Gnosticism. Gnosticism is an ancient religion, which believes its followers have esoteric knowledge of god, humanity, and the universe. It is debated whether Gnosticism began as a subset of Christianity or if it were already in existence.
Lectures on Ancient and Medieval European History: Augustus Caesar and the Pax Romana
- History about Augustus Caesar and the period of The Roman Peace...
Lectures on Ancient and Medieval European History: Christianity as a Cultural Revolution
- When Christianity came to the Roman Empire it performed perhaps one of the most significant cultural revolutions in the history of the West.
Prolegomena to the History of Ancient Israel
- Wellhausen's theories about the development of the Old Testament are for Biblical criticism what Einstein is to physics. Wellhausen devised a new paradigm which explained many of the apparent inconsistencies in the Biblical texts. In the process, he upset many traditionalists who didn't like the concept that the early portions of the Bible were the product of four separate authors. Or that the Levitical code was redacted into the text by the priestly class at a very late date in the evolution of the Bible. Or that the Bible even evolved...
- A prolific early Christian author from Carthage in the Roman province of Africa. He is the first Christian author to produce an extensive corpus of Latin Christian literature. He also was a notable early Christian apologist and a polemicist against heresy.
The Boys' and Girls' Plutarch by Plutarch
- being parts of the "Lives" of Plutarch, edited for boys and girls
The Shroud of Turin
- The Shroud of Turin (or Turin Shroud) is an ancient linen cloth bearing the image of a man who appears to have been physically traumatized in a manner consistent with crucifixion. Some believe it is the cloth that Jesus was wrapped in after his crucifixion, while others believe it to be a hoax.