Academic research, case studies, and reports on accessibility and people with disabilities.
As It Is: Research Findings on the Knowledge, Attitude, Practice & Access to HIV and AIDS Information and Services Amongst Persons with Disability
- This study was created to obtain scientifically processed information concerning the knowledge, attitude, and practice among people with disabilities and HIV & AIDS in Kenya. PDF format.
Assistive Technology Devices and Home Accessibility Features: Prevalence, Payment, Need, and Trends
- This study documents the various trends associated with assistive technology devices and home accessibility features. Since the majority of assisted technology devices and home accessibility features are paid for out of pocket, their availability is rather small. PDF format.
Designed to deter: Barriers to facilities at secondary schools in Ghana
- This exploratory study investigated the level of accessibility of the built environment in secondary schools in eight out of the ten regions of Ghana, in order to determine whether they conform to guidelines provided in international building standards and also assess the extent to which they have been designed and constructed to meet the provisions of the Persons with Disability Act 2006, which allows for equal access to public buildings in Ghana. By Anthony K. Danso, Frances E. Owusu-Ansah, Divine Alorwu.
International Best Practices in Universal Design: A Global Review
- The goal of this document is to compare accessibility codes and standards from around the world to provide a compendium of research data and insight into the latest trends in accessible design. PDF format.
Project Appraisal of the DISACARE Wheel Chair Center in Lusaka, Zambia
- This case study examines the DISACARE Wheel Chair Center as social investment in addressing the needs of the people with disabilities in Zambia. PDF format.
The Disability Divide: A Study into the Impact of Computing and Internet-Related Technologies on People who are Blind or Vision Impaired
- The purpose of this study was to find the reasons behind the information and communication technology divide for people with vision impairments and provide solutions. PDF format.
The Growing Digital Divide in Access for People with Disabilities: Overcoming Barriers to Participation in the Digital Economy
- This paper identifies some of the emerging digital economy barriers, current efforts to address these barriers and provides a vision of the long-term policy research agenda.
Towards Best Practice in Provision of Transport Services for People with Disabilities in Ireland
- Research commissioned by the NDA in 2002 which gives quantitative evidence to Ireland's strengths and weaknesses in the public sector with regards to inclusion of persons with disabilities.