Can include how to manuals for adapting sports, games, exercises, and play.
- The author describes how a garden can be made accessible to people of all abilities.
- A 4-page publication highlighting features that must be accessible in new stadiums and providing guidance on line of sight for wheelchair seating locations.
Afghan Amputee Bicyclists for Rehabilitation and Recreation (AABRAR) Activities
- A brief overview of the activities AABRAR offers to people with disabilities. These activities are designed to promote social inclusion of the individual.
Afghan Amputee Bicyclists for Rehabilitation and Recreation (AABRAR) Programs
- A brief overview of the programs AABRAR employs to enhance the ability for people with disabilities in Afghanistan to live fulfilling lives with a productive role in society. Included is the Bicycle Rehabilitation Program, Disabled Cyclist Messenger Service, Vocational Training, & 'Daley' Magazine and Television Drama (for disability awareness).
Fun Inclusive! Sports & Games as Means of Rehabilitation, Interaction & Integration for Children & Young People with Disabilities
- This handbook intends to inspire and motivate institutions, organisations, teachers, and young people to come together and practice sport. The handbook aims to provide some general and very basic guidelines for the implementation of sports and games as means of rehabilitation and integration for children with disabilities. PDF format.
Promoting the Participation of People with Disabilities in Physical Activity and Sport in Ireland
- The report is based on research undertaken with the purpose of informing a wide audience on current provision of sport and physical activity opportunities for people with disabilities and on how participation in quality experiences might be increased.
Sports and International Exchange
- Video, images and interviews with athletes with disabilities who have turned their love of sports into international opportunities. In English with English subtitles.
The National Center on Health, Physical Activity and Disability (NCHPAD)
- NCPAD is an American information center concerned with physical activity and disability. It has guidelines to consider before starting any kind of exercise program, fact sheets on many popular activities, games, recreational pursuits, and sports that have been adapted to allow people with disabilities to participate as fully as they wish and become as active as they wish.
Thematic Profile: Sport and Disability
- This article is intended to provide a summary of current thinking on the adaptation of physical activity, sport and recreation opportunities to ensure participation of individuals with disability in development contexts.
Training with Weights or Resistance
- An overview of strength training with weights or resistance for people with disabilities, including safety precautions and goal setting.
Women in Paralympic Sport Leadership Initiative
- This case study examines how one group, The International Paralympic Committee, promoted female leadership in the Paralympic Movement.