This page contains material on U.S. domestic Disability Legislation, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), and the Rehabilitation Act.
A Guide to Disability Rights Laws
- A collection of briefs about disability rights laws in the United States. PDF format.
ABA Accessibility Standard for Federal Facilities
- These standards apply to facilities designed, constructed, altered, or leased with Federal funds under the Architectural Barriers Act (ABA). This edition of the ABA Accessibility Standards has been adopted by the General Services Administration (GSA), the Department of Defense (DOD), and the U.S. Postal Service (USPS). (The USPS standards do not include the non-mandatory advisory notes). At this time, these standards apply to all facilities covered by the ABA except residential facilities under the purview of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). HUD has not yet adopted this version of the standards and continues to apply the Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards (UFAS) to residential facilities under its jurisdiction.
National Disability Policy: A Progress Report 1997
- This report highlights progress, calls attention to concerns, and offers recommendations in broad areas of public policy.
National Disability Policy: A Progress Report 2004
- This report reviews federal policy activities by issue areas, notes input by other federal agencies on their progress where it has occurred, and makes further recommendations where necessary. PDF format.
National Disability Policy: A Progress Report 2008
- Este reporte revisa actividades en la politica federal de EEUU, mencionando donde hubo progreso y dar recomendaciones donde sea necesario.