Job development, job coaching, & supported employment
Assisting Disabled Persons in Finding Employment : A Practical Guide - Caribbean Edition
- The guide provides an overview of approaches and strategies to improve job opportunities for disabled jobseekers. It is intended for vocational guidance and placement personnel in mainstream and specialist employment services in governmental and non-governmental organizations. It will be of use to personnel providing such services to disabled people for some time, as well as those new to these tasks. It is also meant for policy-makers in labour administration.
Assisting disabled persons in finding employment: a practical guide - Asian and Pacific edition
- Intended for vocational guidance and placement personnel in governmental and non-governmental employment services, provides general advice on helping job-seekers with disabilities.
- This article is a joint project for the development of supported employment for persons with disabilities. It breaks the process of supported unempoloyment into basic steps to be used as an outline for its development.
Disability Equality Training Guidelines
- This manual may serve as a guide for all members of a given company to reflect on their organizational actions and attitude in relation to the equal opportunity of fellow employees with disabilities.
Getting Hired: A Trainer’s Manual for Conducting a Workshop for Job-Seekers with Disabilities
- Provides the necessary information in conducting a job-seekers’ training workshop for people with disabilities, including how to prepare for the workshop, what to cover, suggested training activities and sample worksheets and examples.
Handbook: Supported Employment
- This is an introduction to the concept of supported employment. It includes the various factors that must come into play to ensure successful supported employment & also the different kinds of people who benefit from supported employment programs.
Models of Good Practice in Assisting People with Learning Difficulties to Gain Competitive Employment
- This is the report of a study that set out to explore patterns of good practice in developing paths to employment in mainstream companies for people with general primary learning difficulties. PDF format.
More Than Just A Job: Person-Centered Career Planning
- Person-Centered Career Planning is an approach to career development that helps people with disabilities develop and realize their dreams. It uses job seekers' dreams, goals, personal preferences, interests, and needs as the cornerstone of the career planning process. Person-Centered Career Planning helps people figure out what they want to do, and help them organize a plan to get there. People with all kinds of experiences can benefit from identifying their interests, preferences, and needs in career development.
Person-Centered Planning for the Millennium: We're Old Enough to Remember When PCP Was Just a Drug
- This article steps back to review core values that form the basis for successful person-centered planning and moves ahead to address key system and skill problems and suggest solutions. The conclusion reached is that consistent attention must be devoted to these values throughout the process, that shifts in power relationships must occur, and that more emphasis needs to be paid to specific individual characteristics of the focus person.
When Existing Jobs Don't Fit: A Guide to Job Creation
- This booklet includes real world examples for successful job development for people with disabilities by meeting the specific and often unique needs of each job seeker. Job creation is a way to modify or restructure existing jobs or bring together a combination of job tasks that fill the work needs of an employer while capitalizing on the skills and strengths of workers with significant disabilities.