How to renovate or alter existing buildings or other infrastructure to make them accessible for people with disabilities.
Access to Buildings and Services: Guidelines and Information
- These guidelines have been developed to assist people with limited knowledge of building and discrimination law who want to look at ways to provide the best access possible to their buildings and services.
Building for Everyone
- Checklists, detailed specifications, and color photographs demonstrate how you can design an accessible bathroom, install a ramp into your office or home, widen doors. design accessible elevators, and create an accessible external (outdoors) environment. PDF format.
Built Environment Accessibility
- Explains the concept of universal accessibility. Links to guidelines for architects, builders, and designers. Links to explanation of regulations in Ireland.
Promoting Access to the Built Environment
- This publication provides guidance for improving access to the built environment for persons with disabilities by reducing and overcoming barriers. Useful for architects, planners, policy makers, government officials and non-governmental organizations, decision makers in the construction sector and persons with disabilities. PDF format.
Readily Achievable Barrier Removal and Van Accessible Parking Spaces
- This publication includes diagrams and frequently asked questions and their answers regarding barrier removal and parking lot accessibility. PDF format.