HIV Prevention in Mothers and Infants
- PowerPoint presentation containing PMTCT stratgies.
Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV
- After completing this course, the learner will be able to identify the scope of the problem of HIV-infected infants who have become infected through transmission from their mothers; explain the modes of transmission from mother to infant; discuss the clinical association between HIV and malaria in the pregnant woman; discuss the role of family planning in reducing MTCT of HIV; describe the elements of HIV counseling and testing of women during antenatal care; define the antenatal care interventions that can help reduce the risk of MTCT of HIV; discuss the intrapartum care interventions that can help prevent the transmission of HIV from mothers to newborns; discuss the postpartum interventions that can help prevent the transmission of HIV from mother to infant; describe the importance of community interventions and approaches in PMTCT of HIV; explain key elements in policy and advocacy for PMTCT; describe elements that are essential in programs that involve PMTCT.
Postnatal Treatment, Care & Support for Mothers and families with HIV Infection
- Includes physical assessment, referral for HIV/AIDS treatment, infant-feeding support, family planning and other support services. This module will instruct participants to be able to explain the treatment, care, and support needs of mothers with HIV infection; discuss the treatment and care needs of HIV- exposed infants and children; and speak to the importance of testing partners for HIV.
Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV Communication Guide for Health Workers
Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV Training Package
- The Generic Training Package contains technical content about core PMTCT program components and policies. The content reflects international guidelines and standards. Before it is used for country PMTCT training, this material must be adapted to reflect the national policies, protocols, and guidelines as well as the country-specific context and practice.
Routine HIV Testing and Counseling for PMTCT
- This module is designed to provide health care workers with the basic knowledge and introductory skills to conduct routine HIV testing and counseling in Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) care settings.