Shipping your eGranary Digital Library depends on your organization's needs and preferences. Options include:
- Shipping to an installation location outside the U.S.;
- Shipping to a location within the U.S., with the final destination outside the U.S. specified; or
- Picking up at our location in Iowa City, Iowa, and hand-delivering.
Your organization should carefully consider the reliabilty of the postal service in their countries. Shipping varies from country to country and city to city. If you have staff/personnel traveling to or from the USA, you can choose to have the eGranary hand-delivered. This could be free if the person is able to come to our offices in Iowa City, IA, and pick the eGranary up, or at a decreased cost of shipping if it can be shipped to that person within the US. It is the subscriber's responsibility to arrange this and provide the shipping information to the sales person at WiderNet. Please make sure you trust the person you're asking to hand carry your items.
This should be specified at the time of your request! Please read 'How fast can you get the eGranary to me?' before selecting this option or contacting us about this.
Estimates are available at carrier sites (our zip code is 52242):
On average, a packaged external or internal eGranary is about 6-8 pounds.
A packaged server edition weighs about 40-50 pounds.
One computer is about 30 pounds.
- 12x12x8 inches: will hold 1 external or up to 3 internals
- 24x20x12 inches: will hold 1 server or multi orders of externals and/or internals
- 20x20x20 inches: will hold up to 10 externals or other multi orders of externals and/or internals
Customs and Import Taxes, Duties and Fees
We cannot provide estimates for these ahead of time. Recipients are responsible for these. The shipping provider sometimes notifies us that the package is held in customs bending import fees, but not always, and even when they do, they provide us minimal information and expect the recipient to contact them. Any suggestions for legally preventing this problem when shipping to your country are welcome -- you certainly know more about your country's import system then we do.
Have more questions? Feel free to check out our FAQ page.